After driving through Yellowstone, we pulled into the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, Montana about 1:00 pm Monday and met up with John and Toni (Tracy's sister and brother-in-law) and two of their grandkids, Erick Jr. (Bubba) and Nathan. Tracy's other sister Terri and husband Steve arrived in a few hours, along with their daughter Quinn, husband Tim, and their three kids Zeke, Mal, and Asher. It was great to spend time with them, share the Yellowstone experience, and catch up with the families.
|Grand Prismatic Spring in the background. Look close and you can see the different colors in the steam.|
Discovered we lost the right hubcap off the trailer somewhere along the way, and while it was a little disappointing, it certainly didn't spoil the beauty of Yellowstone. YNP should be on everyone's bucket list.
Here's a quick outline of our agenda:
- Monday - Arrived at Grizzly RV Park in W. Yellowstone, evening drive to Old Faithful.
- Tuesday - Drive to Canyon, Lower Falls, and Roosevelt for a Stage Coach ride to a Chuckwagon dinner, then home to Grizzly via Mammoth. Road construction between Mammoth and Madison made for some very filthy vehicles.
- Wednesday - Relaxed at Grizzly and checked out some real estate in West Yellowstone.
- Thursday - Old Faithful, Yellowstone Lake, Canyon, then a trip east to Lamar Valley. On the way back (about sunset) we saw grey and black wolves and bison jam in Lamar, and a black bear right next to the road between Roosevelt and Canyon.
- Friday - Packed up camp and headed for Glacier.
|Grizzly RV Park, West Yellowstone. Nicest campground we've stayed in.|
|Tuesday morning. Welcome to Yellowstone! The most crowded we've seen it in our 4 trips.|
|Old Faithful and the Old Faithful Inn.|
|Lower Falls at Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. One day, we'll work at the park (my prediction). One of the most beautiful places on earth.|